Chakra Four: The Heart Chakra (Anahata)
Location: chest, heart
Crystals: Rose Quartz, Green Aventurine, Emerald
Essential Oils: Rose, Thyme, Ylang Ylang, Calming Blend (Serenity), Joyful Blend (Elevation), Respiratory Blend (Breathe)
- I am giving and receiving love effortlessly and unconditionally.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am loving to myself and others.
- There is an infinite supply of love.
- I live in balance with others.
A balanced heart chakra:
The heart chakra is driven by the need for love. This chakra is the center for balance in all things, it balances the spirit and mind with the body and soul. The heart helps us balance between ourselves and the world around us. In balance, we love ourselves easily and therefore, we are able to extend that love to others. Loving ourselves means we treat ourselves with respect, honesty, compassion, with feeling and understanding, pride and patience. We are able to witness ourselves, to look at all aspects of ourselves, the light and the shadow. We listen to decipher our bodies messages. Our feminine and masculine aspects are able to be expressed freely. Receiving and giving occur easily and are balanced.
Signs of imbalances in the heart chakra:
- Antisocial, withdrawn, cold
- Critical, judgemental
- Intolerant of self or others
- Fear of intimacy
- Fear of relationships
- Lack of empathy
- Poor boundaries
- Overly sacrificing
- Disorders of the heart, lungs, thymus, breasts, or arms
- Shortness of breath
- Sunken chest
- Circulation problems
- Immune system deficiency
- Tension between shoulder blades
- Pain in chest